This article originally appeared on NotebookReview.com.
Updating the semi-rugged Dell laptop line, the company recently released their new and completely rugged Latitude XFR D630. The new device sports such features as tolerance for extreme weather, temperatures and moisture and on-site maintenance.
Today Dell updated their line of semi-rugged notebooks with the fully ruggedized Latitude XFR D630. The first fully ruggedized laptop made by Dell, the Latitude XFR D630 delivers "extreme durability without compromising performance." Intended for government and commercial customers, the laptop is available today in the U.S. and starts at $3,899.
The Latitude XFR D630 meets MIL-STD 810F standards from the Department of Defense for products that operate in extreme temperatures, moisture and altitude. The system shares common components with Dell's current line of Latitude laptops to greatly simplify maintenance. The XFR D630 clearly competes with the Panasonic Toughbook line of fully ruggedized notebooks. In fact, Dell specifically mentions in their press materials that a patent-pending thermal management system allows the XFR D630 to deliver up to four times better graphics performance than the Panasonic CF-30.
Dell also offers an impressive standard service with the XFR D630, including Next Business Day On-Site service for major components inside the laptop. This is important since competitors require customers to return systems for service.
Additional specs and features for the Latitude XFR D630 include:
- Five times more data durability of leading competitors with solid state drives
- Latitude ExpressCharge charges batteries at least 30 minutes faster than competitors
- Outdoor readable screen at 500 nits
- Integrated resistive touch technology to easily interface with the system
- Shock isolated mounting to help protect hard drive, LCD and core electronic elements
- Dual locking butterfly mechanisms for easy access to components
- Sealed keyboard designed to withstand driving rain and dust.
Visit the Dell web page for the XFR D630 for complete specs and additional information.