Push Voice is a service that enables functionality normally associated with PBX-based phone systems for cellular phones or other mobile handsets. This capacity helps to integrate mobile handsets with corporate communications systems.Content Continues Below
Added functions may include:
- call monitoring
- multiple voice mail message types and handling
- speed dialing, possibly with access to a shared, organizational phone directory
- call flows
- rich voice mail communications
- unified communications, enabling (for example) voice capability for email
- direct dial into corporate call centers
- tracking for cost monitoring, audit and compliance records
- immediate use of company extensions and phone numbers
- use of leased lines and negotiated calling rates.
According to Jack Gold, founder of J.Gold Associates, a Northborough, Mass.-based research and advisory firm, roughly 75% of enterprise workers are mobile at least 25% of the time. "Most communications in business today are still via phone, especially with a mobile device," Gold said.
Continue Reading About push voice
- Also from SearchMobileComputing.com, see 'VoIP startup untethers would-be mobile workers from wireline office phones.'