A consumerization policy is a documented set of practices for managing the use of consumer devices and technologies within a given organization. A consumerization policy defines acceptable use.Content Continues Below
A consumerization policy should specify:
- What devices will be permitted and list any restrictions associated with their use.
- The extent to which administrators will be able to manage devices and monitor their use while on the corporate network.
- What – if any – funding for devices will be provided by the organization.
- The extent of support for consumer devices.
- Basic security awareness fundamentals.