If your IT team is like most, it relies heavily on internal collaboration to decide what goes into its security policy configurations for endpoints, end-users and everything in between. Resources and skills specializing in support for endpoints such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops are often in short supply.
Adding to the complexity, you have hundreds of combinations to choose from. It’s guesswork knowing whether policies are aligned with best practices across peers, industry, and deployment size.
When it comes to policy configuration workflows, there may be templates at your disposal, but they are typically step-by-step, one-size-fits-all guides. They aren’t geared toward your organization and its individual needs. There’s no clear-cut way to know what your peers are doing—or whether there are better methods and approaches available that you should be following.
Ideally, your unified endpoint management (UEM) solution will give you an easy way to understand how to configure common policies, including:
- Best practices to consider when creating a passcode policy.
- How others have configured their secure corporate container.
- Various restrictions that a company of your size, within your industry, and in your region should enforce.
Imagine a way to configure and enforce policies with guidance that is dynamically presented every step of the way, catered to your organization, where it’s located, and the size of your deployment. Whether you’re new to the game—or have been managing policies for years—a little confidence in your configurations goes a long way.
Get It, Don’t Guess It
IBM MaaS360 with Watson unified endpoint management (UEM) offers a cognitive Policy Recommendation Engine that leverages AI, community benchmarking capabilities, and real-time analytics to make policy management both simpler and smarter.
MaaS360’s Policy Recommendation Engine improves ease of administration while instilling confidence in endpoint security, enabling you to:
- Build policy templates based on industry data and peer usage. The templates get you up and running quickly, while significantly easing the administrative burden on IT personnel.
- Utilize best practices based on recommendations provided during policy configuration and publishing. These recommendations are built on real-time data and can be based on a range of factors, including industry and company size.
- Immediately apply policy recommendations across the endpoint and mobile endpoint environment with a simple click of a button.
Get Your UEM Security Policies Right the First Time
Getting control of endpoint policy management and enforcement is critical to supporting and securing today’s mobile workers. Too many enterprises have different sets of rules for different sets of users—and too few enterprises are aware of best practices within their industries.
MaaS360 empowers IT to get control over policy management for all endpoints and end-users, enabling the configuration and enforcement of best-practice-based policies using real-time community data and benchmarks. Ready to stop configuring policies in the dark? See how MaaS360 can help by visiting IBM.com/MaaS360