As a CRM practitioner, it can be difficult to keep up on the latest news and product releases. In 2006 mobile CRM and sales force automation (SFA) have been making headlines -- and there are a lot of mobile vendors to track. Use this quiz to test your skills and to brush up on market trends and new vendor announcements.
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
* To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
Submit your score for a chance to win a copy of this month's featured text, CRM at the Speed of Light!
1. True or False? Some experts predict that by 2010, mobile CRM will exceed the growth rates of traditional CRM.
2. True or false? One of the biggest obstacles in a sales force automation project is end user adoption.
3. True or False? According to some analysts, a combination of low market demand and complex technical issues has slowed entry of the big CRM software vendors into the mobile market.
4. Which vendor acquired Salesnet Inc. in May 2006 to beef up its SFA offering?
5. Which CRM vendor is offering mobile applications specifically designed for PalmOne, BlackBerry, and other handheld devices?
d) Nearly all vendors
6. True or False? In 2005, analyst firm Forrester Research ranked Microsoft the best SFA for midmarket CRM.
7. According to analysts, not all CRM applications are ripe for mobilization. Which of the following besides SFA is a key focus area for mobile CRM?
a) Enterprise asset management
b) Field service automation
c) Both A and B
d) None of the above
8. Which of the following technical problems are mobile CRM vendors still struggling to address?
a) Making the CRM application accessible over non-broadband, wireless networks
b) Addressing security issues such as providing VPN clients, virus protection
c) Determining methods for securing the device if it's lost
d) All of the above
9. Which large CRM vendor announced a product called Sales OnDemand -- comprised mainly of SFA features including lead and pipeline performance management -- at its 2006 user conference?
d) None of the above
10. True or False? Salesforce.com is widely recognized for having experienced no service outages in 2005-2006.
Click here for the quiz answers and to enter for a chance to win a free book.