Recycling and saving energy will not only save the earth, but will save you and your enterprise money. Learn how to go green with your enterprise mobile devices in this 10-minute podcast. Wireless mobility expert Craig Mathias talks about how to get a long battery life out of your mobile devices; how to energy save in network infrastructure; and how to recycle those pieces of technology once they've expired.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Going green: Recycling and energy saving techniques for mobile devices
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- :30 What general strategies conserve power in mobile devices?
- 2:38 Do power-conservation settings on notebooks/wireless devices help?
- 3:35 Do the various power-saving modes in 802.11 help?
- 4:22 What can be done to save power in network infrastructure?
- 6:15 Will you see an immediate cost benefit from conserving energy?
- 6:40 Should older notebooks be recycled? What else can be done?
- 8:38 What's your advice on recycling batteries?
About the speaker: Craig Mathias is a principal with Farpoint Group, an advisory firm based in Ashland, Mass., specializing in wireless networking and mobile computing. The firm works with manufacturers, enterprises, carriers, government, and the financial community on all aspects of wireless and mobile. He can be reached at email@example.com.