Looking for something else?
The MacBook Air, the latest and thinnest laptop yet from Apple, was recently unveiled at MacWorld '08. As the rumors suggested, Apple recently announced the ultraportable MacBook Air notebook. The MacBook Air is being dubbed the "world's thinnest notebook", and at 0.16" to 0.76", they aren't kidding!
Image courtesy of Gizmodo
The Apple MacBook Air has the following specs:
- 13.3" Widescreen LED Backlit (1280 x 800)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz and 1.8GHz (4MB L2 cache, 800MHz frontside bus)
- 1.8" 80GB HD (same type in iPod) or 64GB SSD option
- Multi-touch trackpad
- 2GB RAM (667MHz DDR2 SDRAM)
- Intel X3100 graphics
- Magnetic latch
- 1 USB 2.0 port, Micro-DVI, Audio out (analog)
- 802.11n wireless
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- iSight camera built-in
- 37 watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- No optical drive built-in, but SuperDrive accessory available for $99
- Dimensions: 12.8" wide, 8.94" deep, and 0.16" to 0.76" thin
- Weight: 3.0 lbs (1.36 kg)
- $1,799 price point
Apple MacBook Air image courtesy of MacRumors
With only one USB port you're limited on what you can attach, but Apple obviously was space challenged with the notebook being so thin. At least you can use BlueTooth for wireless devices since that is built-in. The claimed battery life is 5 hours, no indication under what usage you get that though. The availability will be within the next couple of weeks, you can pre-order from Apple for $1,799 starting price.
More information can be found on the MacBook Air product page at Apple.com.