Lisa Phifer owns Core Competence Inc., a consulting firm specializing in business use of emerging Internet technologies. She has been involved in the design, implementation, and evaluation of networking, security, and management products for nearly 30 years. Since joining Core Competence in 1995, Lisa has provided consulting services to hundreds of firms, including wireless carriers, network and wireless equipment suppliers, management platform vendors, firewall/VPN and wireless intrusion prevention vendors, managed security service providers, endpoint security software vendors, large enterprises, and small businesses. She is a recognized industry expert on wireless security, mobile device security, and VPNs, and a sought-after speaker at industry events such as Interop and InfoSecWorld. Lisa has written extensively about safe networking requirements, technologies and best practices for many publications, including Information Security, SearchSecurity, SearchNetworking, SearchMobileComputing and SearchSecurityChannel. She received her MS in Computer Science from Villanova University and resides with her family in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania.
Do you have a question for our experts? Submit your question directly to our editors at email@example.com
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Lisa Phifer, Wireless Expert
- Hybrid approach key to enterprise Wi-Fi success
- iOS4 mobile device management features ease anxiety
- Wireless signal penetration
- Wireless bridges
- I'm about to embark on a CWNA course, and I'm wondering how in-depth the RF math is?
- How can QoS be maintained on 802.11?
- Advice for setting up a WLAN
- Wireless LAN QoS
- Implementing WPA over WDS links
- What's the expected range on a pair of Belkin 54G routers in wireless bridge mode?
- How many computers can each access point support?
- What would be the best security design for a campus environment, EAP or LEAP?
- What sort of range does a typical 802.11g 2.4GHz router have?
- Adoption of 802.11j
- What vulnerability is documented for RFC 3118?
- Is there a way to identify active users on a wireless network?
- What encryption standard is becoming the most widely accepted for US Government use?
- Troubleshooting Bluetooth Windows XP connection
- Can I use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to transfer files between laptops?
- What is the most cost effective way to secure our wireless access point?