Push Voice is a service that enables functionality normally associated with PBX-based phone systems for cellular phones or other mobile handsets. This capacity helps to integrate mobile handsets with corporate communications systems.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Added functions may include:
- call monitoring
- multiple voice mail message types and handling
- speed dialing, possibly with access to a shared, organizational phone directory
- call flows
- rich voice mail communications
- unified communications, enabling (for example) voice capability for email
- direct dial into corporate call centers
- tracking for cost monitoring, audit and compliance records
- immediate use of company extensions and phone numbers
- use of leased lines and negotiated calling rates.
According to Jack Gold, founder of J.Gold Associates, a Northborough, Mass.-based research and advisory firm, roughly 75% of enterprise workers are mobile at least 25% of the time. "Most communications in business today are still via phone, especially with a mobile device," Gold said.
Continue Reading About push voice
- Also from SearchMobileComputing.com, see 'VoIP startup untethers would-be mobile workers from wireline office phones.'