What makes enterprise unified communications work
A comprehensive collection of articles, videos and more, hand-picked by our editors
Mobile device management (MDM) is the administrative area dealing with deploying, securing, monitoring, integrating and managing mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops, in the workplace. The intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of mobile devices within the enterprise, while simultaneously protecting the corporate network.
Mobile device management software allows distribution of applications, data and configuration settings and patches for such devices. Ideally, MDM software allows administrators to oversee mobile devices as easily as desktop computers and provides optimal performance for users. MDM tools should include application management, file synchronization and sharing, data security tools, and support for either a corporate-owned or personally owned device.
The ideal mobile device management tool:
- Is compatible with all common handheld device operating platforms and applications.
- Can function through multiple service providers.
- Can be implemented directly over the air, targeting specific devices as necessary.
- Can deploy next-generation hardware, operating platforms and applications quickly.
- Can add or remove devices from the system as necessary to ensure optimum network efficiency and security.
Continue Reading About mobile device management (MDM)
'mobile device management (MDM)' is part of the:
View All Definitions