Looking for something else?
A microwave integrated circuit (MIC) is an integrated circuit (IC) designed for operation at frequencies of approximately 1 gigahertz (GHz) or more. Such components are physically small, in some cases having less than one square millimeter (1 mm2) of surface area.
An MIC can contain an entire electronic device on a single semiconductor wafer. Applications include:
- Self-contained cellular telephones.
- Receivers and transmitters for wireless systems.
- Electromagnetic transponders.
- Receivers for GPS (Global Positioning System) applications.
- Collision-avoidance systems for automobiles and trucks.
- Pollution detection and measurement devices.
- Medical devices.
- Imaging systems.
- Robot control systems.
Continue Reading About microwave integrated circuit (MIC)
'microwave integrated circuit (MIC)' is part of the:
View All Definitions