A consumerization policy is a documented set of practices for managing the use of consumer devices and technologies within a given organization. A consumerization policy defines acceptable use.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
A consumerization policy should specify:
- What devices will be permitted and list any restrictions associated with their use.
- The extent to which administrators will be able to manage devices and monitor their use while on the corporate network.
- What – if any – funding for devices will be provided by the organization.
- The extent of support for consumer devices.
- Basic security awareness fundamentals.