I want to use RADIUS for authentication of wireless clients. I have Apple Airports, which
support RADIUS, and a Win2000 Active Directory Domain structure, with IAS and RRAS available. I
don't know how to configure them all to work together properly. Are there guides available that can
get me over the hump for getting it all working? Thanks!
To learn about using Win2000 IAS to support 802.1X/EAP/RADIUS authentication of 802.11 wireless users, start with these Microsoft documents:
- Internet Authentication Service for Windows 2000
- Step-by-Step Guide to Setting up a [Microsoft] CA
- Deploying 802.11 using Windows XP and 2000
- 802.1X Authentication for Wireless Connections
- Making 802.11 Networks Enterprise-Ready
If you're looking for more background on RADIUS itself, try "RADIUS", by Jonathan Hassell
(O'Reilly, ISBN 0596003226).
This was first published in November 2002